In the madness of what we call "Christmas Knitting," I've been so rushed, I haven't even paused to consider posting stuff yet.
So pretty much, what I've got for you is a bunch of knitted up stuff that needs seaming, buttoning, weaving in of ends, or any/all of the above.
I'm currently working on finishing up a set of fingerless gloves for my cousins, Kelsey and Miranda.
Kelsey is partial to blue, always has been, and I wanted to work with cotton.
So, here's what I used for her gloves:
Basic notions box
Size 5 needles with row counter
SugarnCream cotton worsted yarn in Swimming Pool
This is a self-made pattern, similar to that I did my own gloves with, but for a much smaller hand (they're 10 and 12).
Cast on 30 sts.
K1P1 10 rows.
K3P3 20 rows.
K1P1 another 10 rows, Bind off.
Finish up, seam (still have to do this >.<)
So, I was way proud of how this pair turned out, but then I noticed this:
I'm going to assume its a twisted stitch, cause I don't know what else to call it.
No one notices it but me, but they aren't the perfect pair I thought them to be :/
Now, Miranda has always liked purple, so I took that and ran with it.
Same thing as Kelsey's pair, except the yarn is Hot Purple.
I knitted most of this pair in class, where I'm not allowed to have my cell phone, even just to take pictures, sorry :/
But here's the results:
And I have to kidnap my sister at some point during this week to get an idea of where I should leave the thumb gap in seaming.
I got sick to death of gloves, understandably.
So I was perusing the Craftster message boards, and saw a knitalong for a pattern called Calorimetry.
I checked it out, and found it to be absolutely adorable, and something both my cousins would wear.
So I made two ^.^
Miranda's came first, as a sort of guinea pig.
I altered the pattern from 120 sts to 80, just cause I tried the first row with 120, and it was GINORMOUS on me, let alone a 12 year old.
This is about halfway through.
I used a verigated skein's leftovers from a donated scarf. The ball leftover was about the size of a stunted kiwi, and I still have a little tiny bit left over, so I switched to some purple Red Heart for the second half.
And thus is the result ^.^
And Kelsey's was slightly easier, as I had the pattern memorized at that point.
It's not in me to make these with a solid color or just solid verigation, so I used green as the solid to compliment the green in another ball from my scrap basket.
I plan on making myself one in navy blue and maybe black between now and Tuesday.
But so, for the gloves, I need to weave in ends and seam.
For the Calio's, I need to weave in ends and sew on buttons so they can be worn.
It should be no big deal at all for me to knit myself one up before Tuesday night.
There's a blood drive at my school, and the wait for the last one was about 3 hours all told.
I'm not too concerned with it, though it'd be nice if they could find a vein straight off this time.
I've still got the needle scar from last time and had a bruise in a nice shade of green for about two weeks after *shrug*
It's worth it.