Friday, March 21, 2008

Great Cloth Knitalong 2008!

So, I joined up on www.craftster.org's knitting forum and joined the 2008 cloth knitalong.
I need washclothes for college, I love knitting, the two were made to go hang in hand!
So, here's what I've done so far (all are on either Peaches or Sugar n Cream with US size 7 needles):

Chinese Waves.  I LOVE THIS PATTERN!
It's so simple, and the cloth is so scrubby!
I believe the colorway is Pink Lemonade (Peaches).
Bear with me, a lot of the yarn I used was bought several years ago, so some of the ballbands are gone.




Elvish Leaves.  Colorway is Rosewood (Sugar).
I liked this pattern a lot more than I thought I would.  It's complicated-looking, but really very simple.




Open Star Dishcloth.  Colorway is Over the Rainbow (I think) (Sugar).
This was a cute pattern.  Great for knitting on breaks because it's just a four row pattern repeat.  Really easy to memorize.




Ballband Dischloth.  Knitted in one color (Peaches).
This was actually my second attempt.  The first one failed horribly.




This one's just seed stitch on white Sugar.




This one's just your basic dishcloth pattern (k2, yo, k to end) in colorway Swimming Pool (Sugar).




Diagonal Owl Dishcloth in Early American colorway (Sugar).
I don't like this pattern in verigated yarn.  I need to redo it....




Was initially a swatch for My So-Called Scarf.  Knitted up in Midnight Magic (Sugar).




Another basic dishcloth done in Country Stripes (Sugar).




Checkered dishcloth.  Sort of my own pattern.  Rougly an inch border on each end.  Done in blocks of 6 (k6(border), p6,k6).  Knitted up in Sugar Stripes, I can't remember the colorway.




Another basic dishcloth.  More Sugar in a colorway I can't remember.




More basicness, though I forgot to mention on the other ones so far that I made the center areas stockinette stitch, rather than just plain garter.




I call this one "Almost Lace" because I had originally started out with the intention of making a lacy cloth (not sure how effective that would be) but wimped out and did this instead.  It's pretty much just a few rows of stockinette with a row of k2tog, yo thrown in now and again.




Needless to say, because of all these cloths not taking up full balls of yarn, I've had quite a bit of scrap yarn.  So I made some garter stitch basic dishcloths.







This next one is done in the stitch pattern for the Fidget neckwarmer, which I knitted up just before this.  I love this cloth, it's currently in my shower!




This next one (and last for now) is called Wheatfields.
I love the turnout of the pattern, but you constantly have to keep an eye on the pattern, because it changed every line.






I've knitted quite a bit more, but I think this is enough for one post.

1 comment:

Genuine-Lye said...

Holy cow, Skeller, you've been busy! I am in love with the lemondae colorway---the chinese waves dishcloth---it's so pretty and fresh. I've knitted a reversible ballband and I loved it, really. Looks like you're all stocked up!